Lately...
My family is THE most important thing to me, so being with them is all I would ever ask for.
I do however, miss my family in Utah and I can't even imagine how Ger feels! He hasn't seen my family or his daughter for a year and a half. I am so close with my sisters and my parents that I can't help but feel a hole in my heart when I am not around them. I also ache to see my step-daughter. Her mother is not my biggest fan so I don't get to see her unless Ger is around. I feel like I was always so harsh on her and impatient and I wish I could go back and have a do-over. I was a step mom before I was a mom and it was hard for me because I had no idea what I was doing. I wanted what was best for my Laurita and at times I just didn't know how to do that. She has such a big heart and is the most loving little girl in the world. She calls Ger and I two or three times a week. I feel such warmth in my heart when she tells me with her sweet little voice, "I love you and miss you Cwis". Oh I miss her so much!
Isn't she the cutest!?
The Good and the Bad of Mexico
Zamora, Michoacan is a very foreign place but I have actually made a few friends and most days, I like it here. I have acquired many nicknames and I'm not sure if anyone actually knows my real name. Dylan falls on his face at least once a day and despite our efforts he acquires all kinds of bug bites. We sleep under a mosquito net and spray him every day but those darn things just love his chubby white cheeks!
His poor cheeks:(
He fell of our bed in the middle of the night and landed on the hard concrete floor:(
Poor kid still looks so happy with his fat lip
Mosquitos are not our biggest worry, it's the rats. I HATE RATS! The other day I was sitting on the floor playing with Dylan and his cousin Tony when I heard a little noise coming from behind our desk. I've been here long enough to know what that little noise was so I immediately jumped on the the bed with both kids in my arms and screamed like a little girl for my brother-in-law. The kids looked at me like I was crazy and went about playing while my brother-in-law chased out a FOOT LONG RAT! Yeesh! I am getting the heebie jeebies just recalling what happened. Ger has made a lot of efforts to get rid of them and I move the furniture and clean our room like a neurotic freak every day. I hope we don't get any more unwanted visitors or I'm gonna sleep with a bat!
All of this being said, there are two boys in my life who constantly remind me of how lucky I am. I just need to vent sometimes:)


1 comment:
Hey!!!! I am so bad at keeping up on blogs. Looks like you three are happily together right now. Please tell Ger hi for me too. Also I love that Ger is getting the discussions that is so rad. You guys are the best! I feel bad that we never hung out while you were here, as always life was/is super crazy.
Best of luck to you guys. and i'll be checking you blog more often :)
Post a Comment