Saturday, June 2, 2012

Our lives in Mexico...thus far

I have to admit, living in Mexico is not for the faint at heart.  I have learned how to appreciate all the things back home so much more (like having a sink and a washer and dryer)!  I do our laundry every day by hand because it takes me a small lifetime if I go a couple days without doing it.  My sister-in-law is much faster than me.  I have to hurry and do laundry while she picks up my niece from school otherwise she would sneak into my room and steal our dirty clothes to wash them herself.  

I have become even more freaked out by lizards, cockroaches, and mice....need I say more???


I have discovered that Dylan can NEVER be out of my site, or he could...
Fall of the roof into the neighbors house 
Run out onto the road and, as my sister-in-law words it, be planchar gratis (ironed for free)
Climb up the ladder in the backyard onto the roof (he actually did that while I was making dinner!)
Or he could put a bug in his mouth (he has not been successful yet..)!!!! 

All of these lovely things aside, there are a lot of things about Mexico that I love.  First of all, my husband is here and I would rather be living in a dirt hole than living in Utah without him.  Secondly, the people here, for the most part, are so polite and accepting.  I started going to Zumba every morning and the ladies that I go with are so fun!  I only understand about half of what they say, but they are super patient with me and my struggling Spanglish.  My Zumba instructor is a hot dark Latina who knows how to shake her hips and I am the opposite!   I am very grateful that there are no mirrors in the room so that I can pretend that I too am a hot Latina who can shake it.  

1 comment:

mrs. [jeremy] bodtcher said...

Oh christie! I love you and I'm so happy you are loving mexico!!