We recently met some pretty amazing elders here in Zamora. Elder Clawson is form Riverton, UT and the other Elder something (can't remember his name) is from Arizona. Ger and I love them both! They invited us to a baptism this past Friday and it was a wonderful spiritual experience for my family. It's so funny to see Ger experience all these things that I have grown up with. He heard (but did not believe) that Mormon's get baptized by getting dunked in the water until they see Jesus. If they don't see Jesus then....they don't pass! Boy was I glad to clear that up!!
The elders also stopped by last night for Gerardo's first discussion. He expressed his love for our family and for his Heavenly Father. He still has some reservations about the LDS faith but I believe through prayer and faith, he will come to know the truth of the gospel. He agreed to read the Book of Mormon with me every night so last night we started with Mosiah chapter 12 and later prayed about it. I know that he felt the Holy Ghost and I know that one day he will have a testimony of the church.
Perhaps this is the reason Gerardo didn't get his papers.
2 comments:
oh christie. I cried when I read this!!!! so excited for Gerardo! Heaven knows it took me long enough to gain a testimony!! yay! keep us updated!!! (yes, I am blog stalking you all summer long!)
I'm blog stalking as well! I am so happy for you guys. You are so inspiring with your faith and strength!
Post a Comment