Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Hopeful

Gerardo has been in Mexico for just over a year with no sign of being able to come home to the states. He has to wait 9 more years until the Mexican consulate will even consider giving him a Visa! Knowing all this...I am still hopeful. Maybe the law will change, maybe we can find someone who can get him an earlier appointment, maybe God will work in his mysterious ways and just bring my husband home to me. I don't know what it is, but something good is coming our way. I have always felt so hopeless and helpless about Ger's citizenship status but God has answered my prayers and told me that Ger will be home with his family again...and soon!

This last year has been very difficult and at times it has been unbearable. I have cried buckets of tears and I have given 100's of pep talks to my husband and family. With all of that being said...I have also become so much stronger. I have become a stronger mother and I have become a stronger wife. I always knew that I loved my husband and that I married the right man but this experience has made me love him and our son so much more! I have a new appreciation for everything that I have and I spend the majority of the time thanking God for the things that I have and not akin for the things that I don't. I have grown to appreciate my family more than ever and the love that we share.

I know that God has a plan for us.

2 comments:

mrs. [jeremy] bodtcher said...

You are such a good person and so many people pray for you and your family. I love you and I am so proud of your faith. good things are coming your way and I hope you know how much I look up to you! Stay strong!

Missy said...

You are an inspiration, Chi. I love your stinky guts, and my prayers are always with your family.